You can make Vegan Southwestern Egg Rolls use 12 ingredients and 9 step. Here’s how to make }.
Ingredients make Vegan Southwestern Egg Rolls
- You Need canola oil.
- You Need red bell pepper, diced.
- You Need green onions, diced ( white and green parts).
- You Need jalapeno, diced.
- You Need corn, drained (11 oz).
- You Need black beans, drained and rinsed (15 oz).
- You Need fresh spinach, choppef.
- You Need fresh cilantro, chopped.
- You Need chili powder.
- You Need cumin.
- You Need whole wheat tortillas.
- You Need canola oil for frying.
how to make Vegan Southwestern Egg Rolls
- Heat 1 Tbsp canola oil in skillet over medium high heat..
- Add diced red peppers, green onions and jalapeños. Cook 3 – 4 minutes..
- Add black beans, corn, spinach, cilantro and seasonings. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking..
- Remove from heat and get ready to assemble egg rolls..
- Warm tortillas in microwave. I do 2 at a time between damp paper towels..
- Spoon 1/8 of filling across center of tortilla. Fold in sides first then roll tightly. Dampen flap with water and press to seal. Roll remaining tortillas. Place seam side down on cookie sheet and place in freezer while oil heats. (This helps them seal).
- Heat enough oil in skillet to go at least half way up tortilla. Fry one side then flip and fry other side until golden brown..
- OPTION: Instead of frying in oil, I grilled on a griddle pan. Less time, mess and calories!.
- Serve with salsa, guacamole, or vegan ranch for dipping!.