Making vegetarian egg rolls is easy when compared to the meat version. When you leave out the meat, you can use any variety of vegetables. In this veggie egg roll recipe, we use garlic, Shiitake. You can make Vegetarian egg rolls use 17 ingredients and 14 step. Here’s how to}.
Ingredients cook Vegetarian egg rolls
- You Need filling.
- You Need the wonton wrapper receipe on my profile.
- You Need oil fir frying.
- You Need oil for frying.
- You Need white wine.
- You Need garlic.
- You Need red or green chili, minced (omit for mild egg rolls).
- You Need fresh shiitake mushrooms, finely sliced and chopped.
- You Need Chinese cabbage OR regular "white" cabbage, sliced or shredded into thin matchstick-length pieces.
- You Need spring (green) onions, sliced lengthwise into matchstick-length pieces.
- You Need eggs (vegans can omit the egg, or substitute 1/4 cup soft tofu).
- You Need fresh bean sprouts.
- You Need STIR-FRY SAUCE.
- You Need fish sauce OR vegetarian fish sauce (available at Vietnamese food stores), or substitute soy sauce.
- You Need soy sauce.
- You Need lime juice.
- You Need sugar.
Lay the egg roll skins on a flat surface and lightly brush edges with water. This is the best Vegetarian/Vegetable Egg Roll recipe. There is no meat and dairy. It's also a vegan spring roll recipe.
Steps make Vegetarian egg rolls
- Mix all "stir-fry sauce" ingredients together in a cup. Set aside..
- Place a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Swirl 1 Tbsp. oil around the pan, then add garlic and chili. Stir-fry 30 seconds to release the fragrance..
- Add the mushrooms plus 1 Tbsp. wine or cooking wine. Stir-fry 1-2 minutes until mushrooms have softened. Add more wine whenever wok/pan becomes dry..
- Add the cabbage and spring onions, continuing to stir-fry in the same way for another 1-2 minutes, or until cabbage has softened slightly..
- Push ingredients to the side of your wok or frying pan. Break the egg(s) into the space you have made, then quickly stir (like making scrambled eggs). When most of the egg is cooked, mix it up with the other ingredients. Vegans can also add the tofu now..
- Add the bean sprouts and stir-fry sauce. Stir-fry briefly – about 1 minute, allowing the bean sprouts to stay crisp..
- Remove from heat and do a taste-test. If not salty enough, add some more fish sauce (or salt for vegans) to adjust the flavor..
- Place filling into wonton dough and roll shut. Use small amount of water to seal. Dried is better..
- Continue rolling in this way until all the filling has been used up. As you work, place finished rolls on a plate and cover with a damp cloth to keep them from drying out..
- Place 1 cup (or more) oil in a small frying pan over high heat. Oil should be about 1 inch deep. When oil starts to form thin moving lines across the bottom of the pan, turn down heat slightly..
- Dip a corner of one egg roll into the oil. If it begins to sizzle/bubble and cook, the oil is ready. If nothing happens, allow oil to heat up a little longer..
- When oil is ready, carefully slide egg rolls in, or place them in oil with tongs. Allow to cook 1 minute (or until golden brown) then use tongs to turn and cook the other side..
- Place cooked egg rolls on a clean cloth or paper towel to drain..
- Eat warm. Also good reheated so can be prepared in advanced..
This egg roll/spring roll recipe is. These are the best egg rolls ever! My husband and I fought over the last ones! Paris is undoubtedly among the top gastronomic destinations for travelers seeking to indulge their appetite for culinary experiences. Yet, the city still has a ways to go when it comes to Vietnamese.