You can make Mince Pies Pastry Recipe Vegan friendly use 8 ingredients and 12 step. Here’s how to cook }.
Ingredients cook Mince Pies Pastry Recipe Vegan friendly
- You Need plain flour.
- You Need cold butter cubed.
- You Need caster sugar.
- You Need egg yolk.
- You Need butter for greasing the.
- You Need Sprinkling of caster sugar for the topping.
- You Need egg beaten for brushing the pastry.
- You Need cold water.
how to make Mince Pies Pastry Recipe Vegan friendly
- Place your oven on to 170 degrees. In a bowl sift the flour and add the butter..
- With you hands rub together the pastry so it becomes fine crumbs..
- Now add the butter, egg yolk and water..
- Using a fork or a palate knife bring the mixture together. On a floured surface place the dough on it..
- With your hands quickly bring it altogether, if you have hot hands it helps to cool them first under a tap of cold water. Then wrap with cling film and place in the fridge for 10 minutes or so..
- Take a quarter off from the dough ball and set aside..
- Making sure your work surface is lightly dusted, carefully roll out the dough! It needs to be about half a centimetre thick..
- Now in a baking mould tray, or foil moulds as here, rub lightly a small amount of butter to the mould so they don’t stick. Choose a cutter which just fits, carefully place in..
- Now add a tablespoon of the mince meat mixture do not over fill them..
- Be creative roll out the remaining pastry for The lids and place on top..
- Beat an egg and brush over the top of the pies. Then sprinkle with caster sugar. Place in the oven for 20 to 25 mins until golden..
- Lift out of the oven, leave to cool..