You can cook [Vegan] Butternut Squash Risotto use 7 ingredients and 7 step. Here’s how to cook }.
Ingredients make [Vegan] Butternut Squash Risotto
- You Need arborio or other medium-grained rice (you need a starchy rice for risotto, unlike the long-grained basmati).
- You Need olive oil.
- You Need butternut squash, peeled and cut into a 1/2-inch dice.
- You Need hot vegetable stock (you could use water, but a stock is far more preferable for better flavour).
- You Need white wine.
- You Need chopped fresh sage or 1 tablespoon dried sage.
- You Need Salt and ground black pepper.
how to cook [Vegan] Butternut Squash Risotto
- Cashew Cheese made by blending together 1/4 cup cashews, 1 tsp nutritional yeast, 1/4 cup of water, and salt to taste (optional).
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the butternut squash, a pinch of salt, and some ground black pepper..
- Saute over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, about 8 minutes or until the squash starts to soften and caramelize..
- Turn down the heat to medium. Add the rice and stir it with the squash until it begins to turn opaque, about 1 minute. Season again with salt and pepper..
- Add the white wine and cook, stirring, until the wine’s almost evaporated..
- Add 1/2 cup of vegetable stock and stir it in. Once the stock has almost evaporated, add another 1/2 cup. Repeat until the rice is cooked. It took me about 35 minutes. Don’t forget to season again with salt and pepper at the end. You might need more or less stock, and you basically want the rice to be tender yet slightly toothy, or al dente. In other words, you don’t want mushy ride. You also don’t want the rice to be dry and lumpy. It should be smooth and creamy..
- Now add the cashew cheese, if you’re using it, and stir it in. Immediately add the sage and mix. Turn off the heat..