This cozy vegan pot pie is made with tender veggies simmered in savory herbed sauce and baked The idea of making a vegan chicken pot pie took a little while for me to warm up to. I think I only Veggies, herbs, creamy gravy and vegan chicken, in the form of mushrooms + seitan, all baked up. This recipe for Cheesy Chicken & Mushroom Pie is super easy to prepare and a joy to eat! You can cook Vegan chicken and mushroom pie 🌱 use 8 ingredients and 3 step. Here’s how to make }.
Ingredients cook Vegan chicken and mushroom pie 🌱
- You Need 200 g chestnut mushrooms.
- You Need 100 g chicken alternative (I used soya).
- You Need 2 tablespoons vegan butter.
- You Need 1 tablespoon plain flour.
- You Need 1 teaspoon cornflour.
- You Need 1 pinch salt and a few punches of white pepper.
- You Need Puff pastry lid (I bought ready rolled).
- You Need 1/2 cup cashew milk.
Impress your friends with this amazing recipe! When you need something warm and comforting after a long day, there's nothing like a pot pie to warm the soul! This chicken and mushroom pie recipe is the ultimate comfort food. Its made with double cream, white wine and thyme is a family favourite all year long.
Steps make Vegan chicken and mushroom pie 🌱
- Clean and slice the mushrooms and cook in a little oil for s few minutes. Turn the head low and cook with a lid on until the mushrooms release juice..
- Add 2 teaspoons of butter and stir until melted. Add the flour and stir, making a roux with the mushroom juice. Slowly add the milk until you have a sauce. You can mix the cornflour with a little water and add a little to the sauce to create a thicker consistency..
- Add a little salt and plenty of white pepper. Transfer to a pie dish, cover with a pastry top (prick the pastry to allow the air to escape) and bake in a medium oven for about 18 minutes..
Serve your chicken and mushroom pies, still warm from the open, with a big spoon on creamy mash and minted peas. My chicken and mushroom pie is proper comfort food. Encased in buttery puff pastry, and made extra special with a sprinkling of bacon, it's a family mealtime favourite. How about my creamy chicken puff pie with carrots and potatoes or my rich and tasty slow-cooked steak pie. Hearty and satisfying, this vegan mushroom pie is ideal on a chilly night.