You can make Cauliflower Filo Pie use 15 ingredients and 12 step. Here’s how to make }.
Ingredients cook Cauliflower Filo Pie
- You Need About 10 balls of frozen spinach.
- You Need fresh or frozen sweet potato and/or butternut squash.
- You Need chestnut mushrooms.
- You Need shiitake mushrooms.
- You Need About 6 cloves of garlic.
- You Need About half a pack of filo pastry.
- You Need whole cauliflower and leaves.
- You Need Olive oil for roasting/ basting.
- You Need butter optional (leave out for vegan/ use alternative).
- You Need Herbs/Spices of your choosing, I used:.
- You Need Tarragon and thyme for mushrooms.
- You Need Chilli flakes and paprika for butternut squash/ sweet potato.
- You Need Grating of nutmeg in spinach.
- You Need Turmeric, cumin, paprika for cauliflower.
- You Need Liberal salt and pepper throughout.
Steps cook Cauliflower Filo Pie
- Heat oven to 180..
- Remove bottom of stalk from cauliflower and discard. Remove leaves, wash and put to one side for use later. Place cauliflower in salted water and bring to boil. Simmer gently until just tender. Carefully remove and place upright in a roasting dish. Leave to one side..
- Cook spinach according to instructions. Mix with some butter and seasoning to taste as well as spices for spinach mentioned above..
- Wipe and chop mushrooms roughly. Place in roasting dish with olive oil and herbs mentioned above. Put whole garlic cloves in tray. Roast until well cooked and flavourful..
- Roast butternut squash/ sweet potato with spices mentioned above until nicely caramelised..
- Put the spinach, mushrooms and butternut squash to one side once cooked until ready for assembly. Take roasted garlic out of skins and chop roughly..
- Mix 2 tbsps of olive oil with spices for cauliflower mentioned above and baste cauliflower. Also add some butter to roasting tray. Roast for about 25- 30 mins basting regularly and add cauliflower leaves with some chilli flakes when there is about 10 mins left to go..
- Get a cake tin with removable sides preferably and grease with olive oil. Overlap about half a pack of filo leaving the sides hanging over the tin (you will fold these up over the top at the end) and make sure the tin is covered with no gaps. NB do the filo when you are ready to assemble as it dries out quickly and becomes brittle..
- Assemble as follows:.
- Place roasted cauliflower in middle and place leaves around. Fold up filo over the top and paint with leftover spiced oil from roasting..
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes watching closely as it will burn quickly. Add chopped almonds on top if desired a few minutes before finished roasting. Remove side of tin and cut in wedges to serve..
- Enjoy with a vegetable gravy and roast potatoes to serve..