You can cook Vickys Chocolate Tiffin (Fridge Cake), GF DF EF SF NF use 7 ingredients and 11 step. Here’s how to make }.
Ingredients make Vickys Chocolate Tiffin (Fridge Cake), GF DF EF SF NF
- You Need Vickys Digestives / Shortbread cookies.
- You Need Stork Gold-Foil Block vegan margarine.
- You Need Golden Syrup – see link for recipe if needed.
- You Need safe milk chocolate like Plamil brand, chopped.
- You Need raisins.
- You Need glace cherries, halved.
- You Need dark chocolate for topping.
Steps make Vickys Chocolate Tiffin (Fridge Cake), GF DF EF SF NF
- Line a 20cm square tin with clingfilm or parchment paper and set aside.
- Break the cookies into small chunks by gently bashing with a rolling pin https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/336555-vickys-digestive-biscuits-gf-df-ef-sf-nf?token=UoKiD78WzHZv9yBRwtsss73u.
- Put the margarine, syrup and chocolate into a saucepan and heat gently until melted together into a sweet chocolatey sauce https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/334096-vickys-homemade-golden-syrup-like-tate-lyles-gf-df-ef-sf-nf?token=mHBx44AXsSMu4NRzHgpM83H1.
- Take the pan off the heat and stir in the raisins, cherries and cookie chunks so everything is covered in the chocolate sauce.
- Pour the mixture into the lined tin and smooth down.
- Once cooled enough, put into the fridge to set.
- Once the tiffin base is set, melt the safe chocolate either over a bain marie or in short blasts in the microwave.
- Let cool slightly before pouring over the top of the tiffin base and let set back in the fridge.
- Turn out and cut into squares to serve.
- You can add any dried fruits, nuts or even pieces of chopped honeycomb or marshmallow to the base sauce.
- To turn this into a more Christmas flavoured Tiffin, swap the shortbread cookies for ginger ones, swap the cherries for dried cranberries and add in the grated zest of half an orange, 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon and 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon. You can also swap 100g of the topping chocolate for a safe white chocolate and marble the topping.