You can cook Refried Beans Vegetarian and Vegan use 9 ingredients and 5 step. Here’s how to make }.
Ingredients make Refried Beans Vegetarian and Vegan
- You Need dried pinto beans.
- You Need small onion, whole but peel this one.
- You Need garlic, whole don't peel these.
- You Need Salt.
- You Need Another small onion, peel and rough chop this one.
- You Need more cloves garlic if small use 3, peel & coarsely chop these.
- You Need Good tasting vegetable oil that you like.
- You Need Salt and pepper.
- You Need Water.
Steps make Refried Beans Vegetarian and Vegan
- Soak beans in water to cover overnight. Drain and rinse well. Using fresh water and large pot, cover beans by at least 4 inches of water, bring to boil, add a Tb salt, 1 small onion (peeled but not cut), and 3 garlic cloves, unpeeled. Lower heat, cover, and cook beans until soft, about 90 mins – 2 hours. Drain beans and discard onion and garlic. Do not omit this step. You must remove it all..
- In bowl of lg food processor, add 1/2 of the beans, 2/3 cup water, second onion, & garlic cloves, 2 tsps salt & little pepper. Process to a thinnish pasty mixture. (Next batch will be thicker mixture). Put 1st batch in lg bowl, set aside..
- Second batch will be beans & water only. Put the rest of beans in processor, add 1/4 cup water and process until very thick mixture where you have a choice here to leave it a bit chunky to get a bite or add more water and process until smooth. 2 batches will have 2 different consistencies. Mix both together..
- Heat 2 Tbsps oil in very large skillet. Add beans, stir and cook beans about 15 mins, keep stirring, adding more water if needed to get correct consistency. Taste and adjust salt..
- Serve with anything you like. Tomatoes, diced onions, lettuce, cheddar, sour cream, salsa, chopped chives, olives, jalapenos, candied jalapenos, my new fave, etc..