You can cook Indonesian-style Coconut Black Rice Pudding with Mango – vegan use 11 ingredients and 6 step. Here’s how to cook }.
Ingredients cook Indonesian-style Coconut Black Rice Pudding with Mango – vegan
- You Need 1/2 cup black rice, soaked overnight.
- You Need 1/2 can coconut milk, full fat or low fat… and you can use extra as a garnish.
- You Need 1 cup water – maybe more.
- You Need 1/2 vanilla pod or 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- You Need Pinch salt.
- You Need 1 tbsp maple syrup or coconut sugar.
- You Need 1 handful coconut flakes.
- You Need For mango topping:.
- You Need 1/2 cup mango chunks.
- You Need 1/2-1 tsp ginger powder.
- You Need Some water.
Steps cook Indonesian-style Coconut Black Rice Pudding with Mango – vegan
- Soak the rice overnight in about 2 cups of water..
- Drain the rice and place in a pan with the coconut milk, water and vanilla pod. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cover. Stir regularly. Cook for about 45 mins or until the rice is tender. You want a little liquid left. If the liquid dries out, add a little more water..
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 160 C. Put the coconut flakes on a baking tray and toast for 5-10 mins until they are just turning golden brown..
- To make the warm mango topping, add the mango chunks to a small pan with a splash of water and the ginger powder. Cook over a low to medium heat for about 10 minutes – the mixture will bubble and reduce. Add a little more water if it dries out. If you’re not warming the fruit, chop it up ready to serve..
- When the rice is cooked, stir through the salt and the maple syrup or sugar. (Don’t forget to take the vanilla pod out before serving 😁).
- Serve the rice, topped with the coconut and mango (or your fruit of choice). Add some more coconut milk if you like and enjoy!.