You can cook Ray's Vegan Lasagna use 11 ingredients and 8 step. Here’s how to make }.
Ingredients cook Ray's Vegan Lasagna
- You Need cans stewed and/or diced tomatoes.
- You Need can tomato paste.
- You Need olive oil.
- You Need large onion diced.
- You Need bell peppers of your choice chopped into inch long pieces.
- You Need medium zucchini.
- You Need garlic minced.
- You Need Lightlife Smart Ground meatless original crumbles.
- You Need Daiya mozzarella style shreds.
- You Need lasagna noodles.
- You Need Italian seasoning.
Steps make Ray's Vegan Lasagna
- In a large pot, add the cans of tomatoes (with their sauce), 1 can full of water, and the Italian seasoning then turn the heat to medium. Trim the ends off the zucchini and slice in half lengthwise then cut individual slices (like cutting a cucumber) and add to the pot..
- In a large non-stick skillet, add the olive oil and set to medium high. Add the onions and peppers and saute till the onions are soft. Add a little salt for flavor. When the onions and peppers are done, add the garlic and cook another 1-2 minutes. Add the tomato paste and cook another 1-2 minutes then add contents to the large pot..
- Once the pot starts to bubble, turn the heat down and simmer partially covered for 1 hour. Remove the cover and turn the heat up very slightly and continue to cook about another 2 hours. When the sauce reduces enough to be a thick sauce, continue to the next step..
- In a non-stick skillet, spray with a vegan oil spray and add the meatless crumbles. Cook for about 4 minutes until they are hot and then add to the sauce pot. This product really adds a meaty taste to the recipe..
- Turn oven on to 375 degrees. Cook the lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8-10 minutes. Once done, it's time to assemble the lasagna..
- In a 13 X 9 glass pan start adding the ingredients in this order: 1 and 1/2 cups of the sauce, 3 noodles, 2 cups sauce, 1/3 of the cheese, 3 noodles, 2 cups of sauce, 1/3 of the cheese, 3 noodles, rest of sauce, rest of cheese..
- Bake covered with foil for 25 minutes. Removed foil and bake another 10 minutes. You are done..
- Options to improve: Instead of the middle cheese layer as mozzarella, try adding a layer of the Daiya pepper jack cheese. With this option, you can add more cheese to the other layers..