You can make Vickys Onion Bhajis, GF DF EF SF NF use 11 ingredients and 7 step. Here’s how to}.
Ingredients cook Vickys Onion Bhajis, GF DF EF SF NF
- You Need 140 grams gram / chickpea flour.
- You Need 1/2 tsp baking soda / bicarb of soda.
- You Need 2 large onions, finely sliced.
- You Need 3 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped.
- You Need 1 tsp ground cumin.
- You Need 1/2 tsp chilli powder.
- You Need 1/2 tsp ground fenugreek.
- You Need 1/2 tsp ground turmeric.
- You Need 1/2 tsp salt.
- You Need 7-9 tbsp cold water.
- You Need oil for frying.
how to cook Vickys Onion Bhajis, GF DF EF SF NF
- Mix the flour, onions, baking soda, coriander, salt and spices together in a bowl.
- Add 7 tbsp of water to make the mixture bind together. If you need more, add it but don't make it too wet, you shouldn't need more than 9.
- Heat 2 – 3 inches of oil in a pan until around 180C/350F. It's the right temperature if you can drop a piece of cubed bread in and it toasts in 15 seconds.
- Mould handfuls of the mixture into balls. Using a slotted spoon, place them into the oil. Don't overcrowd the pan, fry in 2 batches.
- Fry for 10 seconds then flip over and fry 10 seconds on the other side. They should be golden brown.
- Remove and let drain on kitchen towel. Keep going until all the bhajis are fried off.
- Cover with foil to keep warm and serve with mango chutney or a raita. I have a recipe for dairy-free raita posted with my pakoras recipe linked below https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/334206-vickys-chicken-pakoras-with-a-cool-raita-dip-gluten-dairy-egg-soy-nut-free.