Classic cake donuts are upgraded with cardamom, rose petals, and fragrant pink icing. Bring to a low boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. A simple, stovetop rice pudding made with coconut milk, studded with pistachios and gorgeously fragrant with rose and cardamom. You can cook Rose water, cardamom and apricot rice pudding – vegan use 17 ingredients and 6 step. Here’s how to make }.
Ingredients make Rose water, cardamom and apricot rice pudding – vegan
- You Need For the rice:.
- You Need 750 ml liquid – for eg 1 400ml can of coconut milk + water or half soy milk and half water.
- You Need 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- You Need 1/2 tsp ground cardamom.
- You Need 1/2 cup short grain brown rice – fill the cup to the top not just to the measuring line; rinsed and soaked for at least a few hours, drained.
- You Need pinch salt.
- You Need 2 tbsp maple syrup.
- You Need 1-2 tbsp rosewater.
- You Need For the apricots:.
- You Need 4 apricots, fresh or frozen or dried – if using dried apricots, use about 15-20 – roughly chopped.
- You Need Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- You Need 1/4 tsp ground cardamom.
- You Need 150 ml just boiled water.
- You Need 1-2 tsp rose water.
- You Need To garnish – nice but not essential.
- You Need some crushed pistachios or flaked almonds (toasted or untoasted).
- You Need some edible rose petals.
Remove the cardamom pods, stir in the rose water, and fold in half of the chopped pistachios. If you love rice pudding, this easy cardamom and coconut rice pudding is a treat your whole family will love. You are going to want to dive into this creamy dairy-free warm cardamom and coconut rice pudding! It is the perfect dish to enjoy anytime you need a "better for you" dessert.
how to make Rose water, cardamom and apricot rice pudding – vegan
- In a large pot (with a lid for later), heat the milk/ water, vanilla and cardamom. Bring to a boil..
- Add the rice and a pinch of salt. Cover and simmer until the rice is cooked and soft – about 45 minutes. Make sure the rice doesn’t dry out: add some just boiled water if it does..
- In another pan (with a lid for later), on a medium-low heat, bring the apricots, lemon juice, water and cardamom to a simmer. Cover and cook for about 10-15 mins until the apricots are soft. If you’re using dried apricots, you may need more water..
- Back to the rice: when the rice is cooked, stir through the maple syrup and then the rose water. Add the rose water gradually to your taste..
- When the apricots are soft, take the pan off the heat and add the rosewater… again to your taste..
- Spoon the rice pudding into bowls. Add the apricots on top. And sprinkle with the rose petals/ nuts. Enjoy 😋.
A simple rice pudding recipe also known as rice kheer. This pudding can be enjoyed warm or chilled as breakfast, a snack at any time of the day or as a dessert. Aromatics like lemongrass add a little twist to the traditional cardamom-spiced recipe with a complex yet subtle sweet underlying citrus note. Remove from heat and take out cinnamon stick. Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into cooled rice.