But nothing is going to block out this vegan chickpea curry. Growing up in nineties and naughties Britain, curry was Added green beans and spinach. Will become a favourite after work dinner. You can cook Chickpea, squash and green bean curry – vegan use 11 ingredients and 7 step. Here’s how to make }.
Ingredients make Chickpea, squash and green bean curry – vegan
- You Need 1 tbsp coconut oil.
- You Need 1 tsp mustard seeds.
- You Need 1 tsp ground cumin.
- You Need 1 tsp Garam masala.
- You Need 1 tsp turmeric.
- You Need 1 tsp ginger powder.
- You Need 1/2 Onion Squash (also known as Hokkaido), cut into 2-3cm cubes – Butternut or Kabocha are also nice (and you don’t need to peel the squash 🎉).
- You Need 200 g / 1/2 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- You Need 200 g / 1/2 can coconut milk, light or full-fat.
- You Need 1 cup vegan stock (it’s about 1tsp of powder for 1 cup) – if you’re not vegan, you can use veggie stock instead of course.
- You Need 100-150 g Green beans – peas or sugarsnaps or spinach or chard are nice too.
The squash cooks up perfectly in the pressure cooker. Stuff the squash with the cooked chickpea and brown rice stew and I generally cook my beans and split peas in a Pressure cooker. It takes the guess work out of the time needed. Try our easy vegetarian chickpea and squash curry for a healthy, vegetarian midweek meal.
how to make Chickpea, squash and green bean curry – vegan
- In a large pan, heat the oil. Add the mustard seeds. And fry til they pop..
- Add the cumin, garam masala, turmeric and ginger. Heat for a few minutes..
- Add the squash and chickpeas..
- Add the coconut milk and vegan broth..
- Bring to a boil and then cover and simmer for about 30 minutes until the squash has softened and the sauce has thickened..
- Add the beans and stir through; they will take 5-10 mins. If the mix is getting a bit dry, add some water..
- Serve with rice or chapatti. Enjoy!.
This triple tested recipe is low calorie and ready in an hour. This chickpea and squash coconut curry is a great healthy, vegetarian midweek meal. If you can get it, Alpro coconut milk alternative has less. The Best Vegan Bean Curry Recipes on Yummly Coconut Chickpea Curry (Vegan & Gluten Free)Jessiker Bakes.