If the polenta is really thick then it is ready to pour into a square dish lined with cling film. Once cold it will be set and firm. Arrange on a baking tray lined with foil and sprayed generouly with cooking spray. You can make POLENTA CHIPS use 5 ingredients and 4 step. Here’s how to cook }.
Ingredients make POLENTA CHIPS
- You Need 1 cup polenta.
- You Need 1 litre vegetable stock.
- You Need 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated (optional) to keep vegan.
- You Need cornflour.
- You Need 2 cookie trays.
So, that gave me the idea of making real polenta chips, better tasting and in a larger quantity, to satisfy both my children and to stop them from fighting over those dried out polenta rests. I googled polenta chips (in Romanian) and it wasn't actually very hard to find something. This crispy baked polenta chips recipe is super easy to make, and a healthier alternative to fries. Serve with a quick avocado pesto for a light lunch or snack.
Steps make POLENTA CHIPS
- Medium pot on med-high heat. Add veggie stock, bring to the boil. Add the polenta. Stir continuously for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, cook for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Add parmesan cheese (optional) mix well. Stand for 5 minutes..
- Butter the trays and line with baking paper. Once the polenta has cooled, pour half the polenta over one of the trays, spread evenly. Do the same with the other tray. Place in the fridge overnight or for 4 hours to firm up..
- Remove from the fridge. Flip tray over on the bench. Peel off the baking paper. Cut polenta into your desired chip size..
- In a bowl, add the cornflour. In batches, roll the chips in the cornflour (this makes them crispy). Remove and gently shake excess flour off. Cook in deep fryer or in a shallow fryer in a pot on the stove or in the oven, until golden brown and crunchy. Serve immediately..
Jump to Recipe Print Recipe Baked polenta chips are also a great way to use your leftover polenta from the previous day. You can keep polenta up to two days in the fridge, spread out on a baking tray and wrapped with a plastic foil, until you make polenta chips. After the polenta mixture has set it's time to make the chips. Remove the polenta from the pan by picking it up using the overhanging baking paper. Save the rest of polenta for another meal.